Posted : June 21, 2018 11:13 pm
Schoolboy Errors
Sydney FC Obsessed Registered

Kruse cannot control or cross a ball.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2018 11:15 pm
Blue Sky
SFCU forum Junkie Registered

If Arzani doesn't start ahead of Kruse in the next game, I wouldn't give Bert a penny for his services.

Posted by: HybridBonevacia should be sponsored by Napisan with the amount of time he spends rolling around on the grass.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2018 11:39 pm
Clovis
Sydney FC Fanatic Registered
Posted by: Blue Sky

If Arzani doesn't start ahead of Kruse in the next game, I wouldn't give Bert a penny for his services.

If Arzani doesn’t start it should be Bert’s last game as coach.

Jean-Paul Sartre:  "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team."

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2018 11:43 pm Blue Sky and eddie liked
Troy
 Troy

I'm an Arnold fan but I think the FFA have made a bit of a mistake hiring him before the end of this tournament. Very impressed with BVM so far and think he could do good things with the squad if given the time. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2018 11:43 pm Jabbatron liked
Blue Sky

Disappointing that we didn't take our chances. We're as good as out unless Peru beat France. If that doesn't happen, surely Denmark will not take any risks. And if France sure won't want to take a needless risk, either.

Posted by: HybridBonevacia should be sponsored by Napisan with the amount of time he spends rolling around on the grass.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2018 11:54 pm
Rory Bunk

That was enjoyable, but at the end of the day it's another gutsy failure. Denmark were poor and we really needed to beat them. So disappointing that we can't find a finish.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2018 11:57 pm
Blue Sky

The only thing Bert could have done more is sub Kruse and Nabbout ten minutes earlier, who were ineffective going forward.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 12:02 am Rory Bunk liked
sinjin.

For mine it's on ange's complete failure in developing any kind of attacking threat other than pinging it at a 38 year olds head.we should never have been at a world cup and been relying on Andrew fucking nabbout to lead our line  and that's without mentioning how he somehow made robbie kruse an integral part of this team.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 12:04 am
Troy
 Troy

The lack of a striker is really all that's holding us back from stepping up a level. Problem is I'm just not sure where one is going to come from. 

Juric is trash, and I'm not sold on Maclaren at this level. Wish Bulut never went off the rails as he was looking a real natural finisher. I don't know too much about any younger players atm, but does there seem to be any half decent strikers who could step up over the next 4 years? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 12:32 am
Clovis

We need to get Sam Kerr and Ronaldo in a room with some Bacardi Breezers in the fridge and Barry White on the stereo.

Jean-Paul Sartre:  "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team."

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 12:42 am
sinjin.

John iredale is one to watch for, was in our youth set up and is now at herevenen. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 12:44 am
nickko

As awful as Argentina are, Croatia are a very, very good side.  They could go a long way in this tournament.

I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 7:45 am
~mjk~
Posted by: Clovis

We need to get Sam Kerr and Ronaldo in a room with some Bacardi Breezers in the fridge and Barry White on the stereo.

That's not how you spell Lisa De Vanna.

Cove Heights - Football for the old, and old at heart.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 8:26 am Blue Sky liked
~mjk~
Posted by: nickko

As awful as Argentina are, Croatia are a very, very good side.  They could go a long way in this tournament.

Enjoyed Maradonna's tears. 

Cove Heights - Football for the old, and old at heart.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 8:27 am
eddie
Posted by: testament

We are much better going down Behichs side than Risdons

True but it must be said that Risdon had a great game. For someone who is as slow as a wet week and is terrible on the ball he's managed to hold his own against one of the quickest players in World Football (Dembele) and kept one of the promising up and coming attacking players quiet (Sisto).

Maybe the reason why Behich was getting forward more than him was because Kruse was playing more centrally than Leckie was on the opposite side. There was plenty of space for Behich to move into but Leckie starting wide and running at defenders meant there was no space for Risdon to move into. That and he's so slow in getting back Bert has probably told him not to bomb on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 9:02 am
Blue Sky

Risdon is also rather limited technically and going forward, so keeping it simple for him is necessary at international level. Not to mention his left foot seems to be the stronger one. Keeping all that in mind, I think he played his role mostly well last night, other than that wild cross that went out in the second half. He was certainly much better than he was against France.

It was great to see Leckie show some technical ability as well. Maybe he has been working hard on his passing but it was very pleasing to see much more of him than just his speed and occasionally good dribbling. He's had an excellent World Cup, in my opinion. He's really just missing a goal to top it off.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 9:32 am
Blue Sky
Posted by: Troy

I'm an Arnold fan but I think the FFA have made a bit of a mistake hiring him before the end of this tournament. Very impressed with BVM so far and think he could do good things with the squad if given the time. 

Saudi Arabia finished ahead of us in qualifying with a squad that pretty much entirely plays in their domestic league. That should speak for itself in terms of BVM's coaching abilities.

He's certainly got our players out of bed for the big games. Just little moments have cost us.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 9:43 am
CountArach

Risdon is also rather limited technically and going forward, so keeping it simple for him is necessary at international level. Not to mention his left foot seems to be the stronger one. Keeping all that in mind, I think he played his role mostly well last night, other than that wild cross that went out in the second half. He was certainly much better than he was against France.

It was great to see Leckie show some technical ability as well. Maybe he has been working hard on his passing but it was very pleasing to see much more of him than just his speed and occasionally good dribbling. He's had an excellent World Cup, in my opinion. He's really just missing a goal to top it off.

Yeah this feels like a real coming of age tournament for Leckie so far. He has sometimes struggled to really assert himself for the national team but finally he is starting to be a huge part of our attack. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 11:32 am
b0b_444
Sydney FC Part-Timer Registered
Posted by: CountArach

Yeah this feels like a real coming of age tournament for Leckie so far. He has sometimes struggled to really assert himself for the national team but finally he is starting to be a huge part of our attack. 

Imagine if he hadn't been hamstrung with defensive responsibilities for the last two years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 11:54 am
Schoolboy Errors
Sydney FC Obsessed Registered

Leckie is one of best, but he's wildly inconsistent. As likely to go on a great twisting run at the defender as he is to shin the ball 20m away.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 7:05 pm
Blue Sky

Is it just me or are so many of the games in the group game so far just absolutely shithouse in terms of entertainment? I know Costa Rica are entitled to make it as hard as possible for Brazil, but it just isn't even that interesting to watch. It doesn't matter how talented the players in Brazil's front three or four might be, when nine opponents virtually stand on top of the penalty box, its almost impossible to break through.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 11:32 pm
Blue Sky

LOL Neymar. What an embarrassing dive.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2018 11:36 pm
b0b_444
Sydney FC Part-Timer Registered

I disagree. The defender was beaten and had no business putting his arm up like that and clearly impedes him. Sure you could say Neymar was in a lot of space and probably had enough time to regain balance and take a shot, but the foul was clear. No idea why it was overturned.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2018 12:11 am
nickko

It just had to be Xhaka and Shaqiri that scored against Serbia.  Celebrations suggested they enjoyed it too haha. 

I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2018 12:39 pm
Page 7 / 12 Prev Next

Working

Please Login or Register