Forum

Squad Speculation 2018 - It's all about the ACL baby.  

Page 25 / 40 Prev Next

MATILDA
Sydney FC Acolyte Registered
Posted by: Schoolboy Errors

Lol at there being no farewell quotes from Adrian. Guess there is no love lost there.

All class from Bobo.  I wish him well.

Adrian was/is a dog.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2018 4:46 pm
Hybrid
SFCU forum Junkie Registered

Lol at Superfan cancelling membership. 😂

Adrian can jog on. Hope he doesn’t get paid like half the other mercenary cunts that head to that busted arse league.

Posted by: BlueRanger One thing thats easy to forget about Bobo's season is that he scored 15 goals.... while having to press for 70-80 minutes

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2018 4:47 pm Schoolboy Errors liked
RedKat

Yeah huge difference there. Good luck to Bobo getting a final pay day. Always respected the club and fans and will go down as our greatest ever striker and a genuinely good guy. Gutted to see him go but will always have fond memories. 

As for Adrian just so disappointing. When his contract is inevitably terminated in China after six months I wouldnt put it past him to sign for Victory or Wanderers.  

Edited: 1 month  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2018 4:53 pm
shabby

... and, our squad was not exactly balanced, last season, a lot of that due to Adrian's large salary.

We did well to be able to field the same XI every week, but outside of that we lacked a lot of depth compared to the season before...

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2018 5:02 pm
sinjin.
Sydney FC Fanatic Registered
Posted by: BlueRanger

Don't pick Buijs in the ACL campaign = Buijs leaves + a failed ACL campaign.

Bobo out after having a very good regular season, but went missing in the ACL and poor in the finals again.

Adrian fought his way out - it seemed to be a mixture of him being a dick and the club not managing the situation properly.

I told you guys months ago that I wanted to see a bit of a rebuild under Rudan, because it was time for a fresh start and to clear the air with some chemistry problems arising. It seems that this rebuild has been forced now.

The club needs to go out and get a big name in order to maintain interest over what is going to be a challenging couple of years. Honda would be ideal for ACL considerations. The way things stand, its looking like an extremely unprofessional mess.

I am very glad that I cancelled my membership early just in case something like this happened - I don't want to travel around the countryside watching Charles and Brosque screw up once touch passes.

Not good. Not good at all.

Any chance you could delete your account as well?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2018 5:04 pm nickko, eddie and Blue Sky liked
Schoolboy Errors
Sydney FC Obsessed Registered

As others have said, all the best to Bobo. Was class on and off the field.

As for Adrian, good riddance and good luck with your new club that our youth side just turned over last night.

I have complete faith in Corica, McFlynn, Townsend and co to get our visa players spot on. Been a few years now since we had a hammer thrower in a foreign slot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2018 5:33 pm Le Roi liked
BlueRanger
Sydney FC Part-Timer Registered

Too hard to get to the suburban grounds from the Blue Mountains - Its only worth it when the product the club is offering is top quality.

Jordy Buijs deserves his own Marvel film.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2018 6:35 pm
Blue Sky

Too hard to get to the suburban grounds from the Blue Mountains - Its only worth it when the product the club is offering is top quality.

Like when we had Bobo.

Posted by: HybridBonevacia should be sponsored by Napisan with the amount of time he spends rolling around on the grass.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2018 6:39 pm
Pauly
Sydney FC Fan Registered

I am very glad that I cancelled my membership early just in case something like this happened 

Can't fathom how sad you'd have to be as a person to cancel your membership after the seasons we've had recently and using two players leaving the club as your justification.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2018 8:49 pm eddie liked
eddie
Posted by: Pauly

I am very glad that I cancelled my membership early just in case something like this happened 

Can't fathom how sad you'd have to be as a person to cancel your membership after the seasons we've had recently and using two players leaving the club as your justification.

Because Parramatta Stadium is all shiny and new?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2018 9:42 pm
Rory Bunk
Posted by: Pauly

Jump to Wests coming in 10...9...8...

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2018 10:24 pm
Schoolboy Errors

Saw something on Twitter saying we actually got $1.7m for Adrian, not $1.3m. Sounds a bit more realistic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2018 8:15 pm
CountArach
Posted by: Schoolboy Errors

Saw something on Twitter saying we actually got $1.7m for Adrian, not $1.3m. Sounds a bit more realistic.

I think that's because £1.1m has been quoted elsewhere. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2018 9:38 pm
[dM]
 [dM]

We've got 8 out of our 11 contracted (my view is that between Calver and Warland we've got a starter) plus a solid bench (Calver/Warland, Retre, Zuvela, Brosque, Lokoli-Ngoi).

Between Buijs, Mierzejewski and Carney we've got close to $1m cap free, as well as a marquee spot.

With the transfer fees and FFA money we have a real shot at Torres or Honda or similar. Either alongside Ninković, Halloran and a $500k p.a. import would be phenomenal.

Sydney,
Is sky blue Sydney?
Is sky blue Sydney?
Is sky blue ...  ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2018 1:59 pm
MFSkyBlue
Member Admin

$1.3m is less than Mark Bridges transfer to Chiangrai United. If that was the truth that is poor business from the club. Which is why it doesn't feel quite right because our club is normally so good with this stuff

Terry McFlynn, everywhere I look around

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2018 2:00 pm
Brunos Bald Patch
Sydney FC Fan Registered

Just saying - last time we suffered a disappointing player departure (Brosque to Japan) the club made up for it with an almighty signing (Del Piero).

Here's hoping history repeats itself.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2018 2:18 pm Le Roi liked
testament

I'm not that worriee about losing Adrian. I think we only need 1 creative type player and Ninko is more than great and without Adrian in the way he can get back to his season before last form.

Remember we won the Gf with Ninko the year before Adrian arrived and didn't even make it when he was here. Don't get me wrong he is a great player but his absence will leave more space for Ninko to shine again

Former Besiktas teammate

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2018 4:56 pm Le Roi liked
WhatWouldTerryDo

Torres to announce that he signed for Chicago Fire later today.

Fox Sports actually broke the story this morning to say we had signed him, but minutes later the story was revised. 

My Sydney FC channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sydneyfc8209/videos

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 10, 2018 9:35 am
[dM]
 [dM]

That's a shame. Could've been huge for the league, and perfect for us. Oh well, Honda and an import cap striker will do!

Sydney,
Is sky blue Sydney?
Is sky blue Sydney?
Is sky blue ...  ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 10, 2018 10:22 am
BlueRanger
Sydney FC Part-Timer Registered

I shan't be jumping to Wsw...

Just no chance in hell I'm pre paying a membership without knowing if there will be a good product on the pitch, and whether I'll even be able to make games during this period.

I am a customer.

Jordy Buijs deserves his own Marvel film.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 10, 2018 10:32 am
MFSkyBlue
Member Admin

Weird about the Foxsports thing. Here's hoping for another bait and switch and Torres comes out at 5.30 and says he has signed for sydney fc. Here's hoping....

Terry McFlynn, everywhere I look around

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 10, 2018 10:39 am
shabby

I am a customer.

You must be fun at parties...

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 10, 2018 12:02 pm
testament
Posted by: shabby

I am a customer.

You must be fun at parties...

The customer is always right

Former Besiktas teammate

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 10, 2018 1:32 pm
Hybrid

To be fair it’s for the best. If you couldn’t properly enjoy the last two years then there’s absolutely no way you could handle a return to our historic levels of mediocrity and the resulting goo to feast upon.

Posted by: BlueRanger One thing thats easy to forget about Bobo's season is that he scored 15 goals.... while having to press for 70-80 minutes

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 10, 2018 4:26 pm
Blue Sky

Professional footballers only get about 15 years, maybe 20 if they're lucky. Just got to accept it was always going to be tough holding onto Adrian after such an insane season.

I don't agree Adrian leaving will help us on the pitch unless we can bring in similar quality to balance the creative workload with Ninko. If Ninko goes down injured for any length of time, we would be completely in the shit without another creative player taking the load off. It wouldn't be like 2016-17 because our opponents have really knuckled down to limit Ninko's influence in games. Adrian benefited from having loads more space than he normally would have. Watch how many times Adrian was involved in goals last season simply because the opposition either forgot about him or otherwise Adrian lost them and he was free for a shot or pass.

Posted by: HybridBonevacia should be sponsored by Napisan with the amount of time he spends rolling around on the grass.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 10, 2018 5:24 pm
Page 25 / 40 Prev Next

Working

Please Login or Register