Forum

MATCH: Adelaide Utd vs Sydney FC Friday 1 December 2017, 7.50pm, Coopers Stadium  

Page 1 / 2 Next
WhatWouldTerryDo
Sydney FC Fanatic Registered

Can't seem to find squad lists anywhere yet.. but here's some copy and paste info..

Adelaide United will be aiming to exact revenge for their Westfield FFA Cup heartbreak when Sydney FC visit Coopers Stadium in a Friday night blockbuster.

Here are the key facts ahead of a must-see match.

• Sydney FC have won their last three games against Adelaide in all competitions and have kept a clean sheet in each of their previous three Hyundai A-League meetings.
  • Adelaide lost 4-0 when they last hosted the Sky Blues, ending what was a six-game undefeated streak against them at Coopers Stadium (W3 D3).
  • The Reds have won their last two Hyundai A-League games - the last time they won more in a row was a five-game streak the 2015/16 season.
  • After going down to Central Coast in Round 6, Sydney FC will be looking to avoid consecutive away defeats for the first time since March 2014. On that occasion they were beaten 3-1 by Adelaide after losing 2-1 to the Mariners.
  • Sydney have conceded just seven yellow cards this campaign, five fewer than any other team in the competition.
  • Ben Garuccio has created 14 scoring chances so far this campaign, three more than any other defender.
  • Josh Brillante (498) is just two passes shy of becoming the first player to make 500 passes this campaign.

My Sydney FC channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sydneyfc8209/videos

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 12:41 pm
Rory Bunk

I heard on FNR Football Bosses that this was pretty much sold out. Is this true? Would be encouraging to see such enthusiasm about the HAL in the current environment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 1:17 pm
Beerserkski
Sydney FC Fan Registered

Does anyone remember when Benito Carbone tore them a new one!?

Mas Loco 26!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 1:53 pm
Jay D
Sydney FC Obsessed Registered
Posted by: Beerserkski

Does anyone remember when Benito Carbone tore them a new one!?

Hell yes.  Champagne football that was.

Posted by: Drughi version2.0 i tried to break into the pizza hut, so i could make myself a kebab.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 2:00 pm
RedKat
SFCU forum Junkie Registered

Guess its back to the usual lineup with Charles instead of Simon on the bench?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 5:20 pm
eddie

Squad lists:

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/hyundai-a-league-ins-and-outs-round-9-1

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 5:25 pm
Blue Sky

Charles would make sense on the bench, if only to provide a proper striker option if Bobo goes down injured. Would like to see some more of Kalik but it would be pretty risky to not have a single striker on the bench. Brosque will surely not last the 90 minutes.

Posted by: Jubal1 They're going to fuck him to death, bury him, then dig him up and fuck him again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 5:54 pm
sinjin.

Feeling Ninko won't start, would love kalik to start but would assume it will be Carney

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 6:13 pm
RedKat

Its almost usual. Notably the attack is Adrian-Brosque-Carney-Bobo. Bench is Heward-Belle, Ryall, Retre, Kalik, Charles. 

Is Milos injured?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 6:29 pm
Troy
 Troy

Wonder if we will ever see Cisak

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 6:55 pm
RedKat

Yeah theres something fishy there. Was the signing properly completed? Did we sign despite long term injury?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 7:04 pm
Blue Sky

Its interesting. Who knows what the real story is but Heward-Belle would be getting minutes with the youth team and probably with the NPL1 team earlier in the year. His match fitness would be much higher than Cisak's.

I'm sure Cisak isn't taking up a huge amount of cap. Redmayne is obviously doing well enough to keep his spot. I don't see a huge issue, really.

Posted by: Jubal1 They're going to fuck him to death, bury him, then dig him up and fuck him again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 7:23 pm
S.F.C.v2
New Member Registered

Last week on Fox Sports they said Milos was injured for 2-3 weeks with a calf injury. Seems to have slipped under the radar for whatever reason. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 7:53 pm
RedKat

Yeah more just weird nothing been said about him. Squads obviously doing just fine. Do any of the training lurkers know if hes been training?

Looked a bit lucky with that Brosque hand

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 8:10 pm
Blue Sky

That right back of theirs looks really handy. Surely Adelaide will be starting him ahead of Marrone from now on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 8:12 pm
Blue Sky

We need Adrian to drop deeper into midfield and help out O'Neill and Brillante, who are getting smashed by Adelaide's pressing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 8:28 pm
pietro

stream anyone?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 8:30 pm
pietro

stream anyone?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 8:31 pm
pietro

stream anyone?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 8:33 pm
Troy
 Troy

This is horrible to watch. They're all over us. If they had someone who could finish we could be down by 2 or so. 

Adrian has been horrible. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 8:36 pm
Huntso
Sydney FC Acolyte Registered

Said we would jag one 30 seconds before that. Get the fuck in. Boo that you pissants

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 8:41 pm
HarryofOz

Playing ugly and still able to take the lead.

I reckon this team is better than Ange's Roarcelona.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 8:42 pm
Blinkus
New Member Registered

That was epic from rat-boy.

They completly dominated, and we go in half time 1-0 up.

pissant club.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 8:56 pm
SteadyReddy
Sydney FC Fan Registered

Well we've been ordinary, but still looked more likely to score than Adelaide. I wasn't sold on Wilkshire when we signed him but you can't deny he works his arse off. Great run to get on the end of that, defense didn't think he'd get there and set up an easy tap in for Bobo.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 8:57 pm
Hybrid

All those years on the wheel have paid off for Ratboy, outstanding assist.

Posted by: Briuss Uilliss Bert is a mastiff, a real terzino.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2017 9:00 pm leftfoot007 and SteadyReddy liked
Page 1 / 2 Next

Working

Please Login or Register