Forum

Match: 08/01/2018 Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC  

Page 1 / 5 Next

Jay D
Sydney FC Obsessed Registered

So... there's a game tonight.

Sydney FC Squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (Gk), 4.Alex WILKINSON, 5.Jordy BUIJS, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.BOBÔ, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11.Adrian MIERZEJEWSKI, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 14.Alex BROSQUE (c), 16.Anthony KALIK, 17.David CARNEY, 18.Matt SIMON, 21.Charles LOKOLINGOY, 22.Seb RYALL, 26.Luke WILKSHIRE, 30.Thomas HEWARD-BELLE (Gk)

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 16.Anthony KALIK (promoted), 14. Alex BROSQUE (returns from injury)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 23.Rhyan GRANT (knee – indefinite)

Posted by: Drughi version2.0 i tried to break into the pizza hut, so i could make myself a kebab.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 10:39 am WhatWouldTerryDo liked
Modest_Hatchback_Owner
Sydney FC Fan Registered

If we are in the same mindset as the Perth game then I think tonight is the game where we belt someone by more than 8 goals, as a few have suggested around here previously. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 11:14 am
eddie
Sydney FC Fanatic Registered

Do Brisbane even have enough players to field a team? 3-0 forfeit on the cards.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 12:53 pm
sinjin.
Posted by: eddie

Do Brisbane even have enough players to field a team? 3-0 forfeit on the cards.

Would possibly be better for their goal difference

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 12:55 pm
suparockin
SFCU forum Junkie Registered

I really hope we smash them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 3:32 pm chriso57 liked
Troy
 Troy

Interested to see how they back up after only playing Friday and considering the age and injury status of most of their squad. Would hope we run all over them in the last 30 or so.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 3:48 pm
Rory Bunk

Is Papa-gob-a-lot back from suspension yet? Looking forward to a reunion with our Wizard of Woy Woy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 3:49 pm
MouraG17
Sydney FC Part-Timer Registered

i don't feel the confidence everyone else feels... Jets showed a bit of worry for me in 2018 but maybe i just need to see a good thumping to relax.

But in all seriousness the match-day threads are really poor. Barely any discussion and threads being created on the day rather than a few days before. Where are ya'll?

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 4:44 pm
Moller

I’d be disappointed with a win of less than 2 clear goals. They are garbage and have had 48 hrs less to prepare. 

Can't Smile Without You

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 4:50 pm
Rory Bunk
Posted by: MouraG17

i don't feel the confidence everyone else feels... Jets showed a bit of worry for me in 2018 but maybe i just need to see a good thumping to relax.

But in all seriousness the match-day threads are really poor. Barely any discussion and threads being created on the day rather than a few days before. Where are ya'll?

The forum in general hasn't recovered from the move across. As the last few snags are worked out, people should drift back.

AND The serenity of a likeable, high-achieving team has proven that people don't want good management and success. They want misery frustration, incompetence, and something to complain about. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 5:01 pm
shabby

Brisbane are a different prospect to the Jests, who played their best game probably ever, last week.

We should do it easy.

Any word on Brosque?

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 5:02 pm
CountArach
Posted by: Rory Bunk
Posted by: MouraG17

The forum in general hasn't recovered from the move across. As the last few snags are worked out, people should drift back.

It's getting back close to what it was, slowly but surely.

The Brisbane kids will presumably be hungry, but all things being equal we should win this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 5:21 pm
Blue Sky

We SHOULD win, but this expectation is a bit unnerving to be honest. We have a pretty bad record up there and really need to start putting that right.

Posted by: HybridBonevacia should be sponsored by Napisan with the amount of time he spends rolling around on the grass.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 5:32 pm
flavius
Posted by: Rory Bunk

AND The serenity of a likeable, high-achieving team has proven that people don't want good management and success. They want misery frustration, incompetence, and something to complain about. 

So much this. As evidenced by our attendances. People are getting bored of us being so good.

This is the Sydney supporter paradox at play.

Posted by: Jaza "Do you like avocado?" is one of my standard questions when interviewing potential new hires. It's the bar at which basic civilization separates itself from those below us.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 6:04 pm
chriso57
Sydney FC Part-Timer Registered

I thought Jets just matched us last round, gave us a good fight. Brisbane have been garbage, and unless they really step up, we should comfortably win.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 6:18 pm
ebolarama
Sydney FC Fan Registered

Should be a routine win. Bisbane are toothless.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 7:42 pm
CountArach

Gameiro isn't starting for them, a late scratching. Poor guy just can't catch a break.

Apparently we haven't had two straight wins against Brisbane since 2005.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 7:52 pm
Ancient Mariner

FMD, Speed and Harper. I was hoping to enjoy watching this game. 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 7:54 pm
Ancient Mariner

FMD, Speed and Harper. I was hoping to enjoy watching this game. 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 7:55 pm
Schoolboy Errors

I hate HAL games at Suncorp, then add Speed to the mix.

Serenity now. Bobo is good for another hat trick tonight.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 7:58 pm
Troy
 Troy

Games at Suncorp look horrible. Honestly about 6000 people there. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 7:58 pm
CountArach

That's... Not many fans. Plenty of sky blue dotted throughout the main part of the crowd too. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 7:59 pm
CountArach

Our first 10-15 usually are the weakest part of our games, but we are looking okay this far. Just a little sloppy. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 8:06 pm
testament

This match has got a Brilliante long range special written all over it

Former Besiktas teammate

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 8:06 pm
HarryofOz

Beautifully created goal

ReplyQuote