Forum

Error 524: Timeout and slow forum  

CountArach
Sydney FC Fanatic Registered

Sorry to raise the site speed again, but I've received the following message three times in the last 2 days:

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200171926-Error-524-A-timeout-occurred

In addition, the forum lag is back (roughly a minute to post and sometimes the same to just reload a page). I am almost certain these two things are connected.

Once again, I appreciate what you guys do and the hours you put into this and I don't mean to keep going on about it, but it has been a persistent issue since the new forum software. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 13, 2018 10:28 pm
CountArach

(FYI I also got a timeout while posting this)

I think it is often when multiple people are posting here. It was around when Simon scored for us this time. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 13, 2018 10:38 pm
eddie

I've been getting the same thing whenever there is a game on.
Speed's been pretty good recently otherwise apart editing posts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 13, 2018 11:36 pm
CountArach
Posted by: eddie

I've been getting the same thing whenever there is a game on.
Speed's been pretty good recently otherwise apart editing posts.

Yeah it has been improved, particularly when there is low server load (it is particularly noticeable in the mornings).

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2018 8:04 am
Hybrid
SFCU forum Junkie Registered

Whenever it’s slow loading for me (usually on iPhone) there has almost always been a new post, so like CountArach suggested the two things appear related.

Posted by: BlueRanger One thing thats easy to forget about Bobo's season is that he scored 15 goals.... while having to press for 70-80 minutes

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2018 10:12 am
James23
Member Admin

Yeah apologies for these issues we had a discussion recently about the overall performance of the new forum software and our hosting and will be looking into alternatives due to these on going issues and missing features in Wpforo. It will most likely mean some sort of migration off here but keep wordpress as our frontend site and bridge it with a decent forum software like xenforo, discourse or phpbb.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 15, 2018 2:17 pm
rhysmcfc
SFCU forum Junkie Registered

phpbb ftw

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2018 5:40 pm

Working

Please Login or Register