Forum

HAL Squad Speculation and Rumours Thread 2017/18 - V3  

Page 62 / 63 Prev Next

Schoolboy Errors
Sydney FC Obsessed Registered

City are being linked with Ritchie De Laet on social media and forums.

Interesting signing as their last visa player if it happens.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2018 3:33 pm
RedKat
SFCU forum Junkie Registered

Him and Schenkveld is some pairing. Theyll be tough to break down this season. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2018 5:55 pm
CountArach
Sydney FC Fanatic Registered

Having failed to get Michael Essien, Nux are looking at Obafemi Martins from Shanghai Shenhua. Almost at a goal every 2 games in China so he would probably still be decent.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/obafemi-martins-a-marquee-target-for-phoenix

Same article says Roar are still waiting to hear from Flamini. 

Edited: 1 week  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2018 6:13 pm
RedKat

Feel like Roar have been "waiting" on Flamini for about a month. Sounds like hes said no and theyre not taking no for an answer. 

Nux are weird with the Essien links and Martins now. Cant tell if theyre genuine links or from the "Pirlo to Avondale" playbook. 

Also City with De Laet will be looking pretty solid

Birighitti 
Atkinson De Laet Schenkeveld Jamieson
Brattan Griffiths
O'Halloran Vidosic Berenguer
Fornaroli

Bench: Galekovic, La Rocca, Malik, McGree, Caceres, Wales
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2018 7:09 pm
RedKat

City have now completed the signing of De Laet as a marquee

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2018 12:17 pm
Rory Bunk
Posted by: CountArach

Having failed to get Michael Essien, Nux are looking at Obafemi Martins from Shanghai Shenhua. Almost at a goal every 2 games in China so he would probably still be decent.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/obafemi-martins-a-marquee-target-for-phoenix

I hazily recall seeing a different article yesterday which had quotes from Rudes directly referencing having met Martins and looking at a deal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2018 12:21 pm
Blue Sky

City really have no excuses to do anything else but win stuff this season. That is a seriously strong team.

Posted by: HybridBonevacia should be sponsored by Napisan with the amount of time he spends rolling around on the grass.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2018 12:21 pm
CountArach
Posted by: Blue Sky

City really have no excuses to do anything else but win stuff this season. That is a seriously strong team.

It's looking like a competitive title race this year between us, Victory and City and maybe Newcastle if they can replicate their form from last year (unlikely IMO). 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2018 1:10 pm
Rory Bunk

Perth have recruited well too. And with Poppa, their reputed party culture will be in hiatus at least.

It promises to be a good fight for the top 4 unlike last year when positions 3-8 battled hard in a race throw everything away.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2018 1:27 pm
sinjin.

Been impressed with everyone's recruiting bar newy and to an extent Brisbane. Always questions about how foreigners will adapt  but it's shaping up as a great season

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2018 2:03 pm
CountArach
Posted by: Rory Bunk

Perth have recruited well too. And with Poppa, their reputed party culture will be in hiatus at least.

It promises to be a good fight for the top 4 unlike last year when positions 3-8 battled hard in a race throw everything away.

Perth will face the same travel problems they always face though. Agreed they may improve but it will always be hard for them to crack the top two or three. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2018 2:08 pm
Clovis

Here is every In and Out for the pre-season so far. 

A-League Ins and Outs

Jean-Paul Sartre:  "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2018 3:43 pm
Hybrid

The most I remember about De Laet was waiting for him to do a long throw (thinking the commentators had said Delap).... but anything that gets Malik further from the first XI is bad news.

16-17: Vukovic, Grant, Wilkinson, Jurman, Zullo, Brillante, O'Neill, Holosko, Brosque, Ninkovic, Bobo

17-18: Redmayne, Wilkshire, Buijs, Wilkinson, Zullo, Brillante, O'Neill, Adrian, Brosque, Ninkovic, Bobo

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2018 10:05 pm
Jaza
 Jaza

Solid Championship fullback in prime of his career. Great signing. If he says his strength is speed he'll stand out a lot in defence here.

Who will play alongside Schenkveld? Wiki makes me think La Rocca? That's a bit of a weak spot but only so much with the support around him.

Looking strong, tbh. Everyone is looking a fair bit better if I'm honest. Even weaker squads like Wests and Adelaide have quality.

CCM goals vs WSW should be worrying the latter's fans. Sloppy as fuck defensively.

Posted by: Tommo But Matt Simon comes with the baggage of being Matt Simon so plenty of people just can't get into it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2018 9:51 am
Hybrid
Posted by: Jaza

CCM goals vs WSW should be worrying the latter's fans. Sloppy as fuck defensively.

Yeah just saw them. Combined with the 3 (could’ve been more) they gave up to the Darwin part-timers, looking very porous at the back. Babbel has a lot of work to do.

16-17: Vukovic, Grant, Wilkinson, Jurman, Zullo, Brillante, O'Neill, Holosko, Brosque, Ninkovic, Bobo

17-18: Redmayne, Wilkshire, Buijs, Wilkinson, Zullo, Brillante, O'Neill, Adrian, Brosque, Ninkovic, Bobo

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2018 11:36 am
JohnnyRico

Bit annoyed about that signing. Atkinson looks quality and would like to see him notch up the minutes. We need right backs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2018 1:37 pm
Jaza
 Jaza

Solid Championship fullback in prime of his career. Great signing. If he says his strength is speed he'll stand out a lot in defence here.

Who will play alongside Schenkveld? Wiki makes me think La Rocca? That's a bit of a weak spot but only so much with the support around him.

Looking strong, tbh. Everyone is looking a fair bit better if I'm honest. Even weaker squads like Wests and Adelaide have quality.

Posted by: Tommo But Matt Simon comes with the baggage of being Matt Simon so plenty of people just can't get into it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2018 1:43 pm
Blue Sky

De Laet can play anywhere across the back four, can't he? I would think using a marquee spot on someone you intend to play at full-back is a massive waste, especially considering any crossing ability is going to be irrelevant. Fornaroli isn't going to be winning many headers.

Posted by: HybridBonevacia should be sponsored by Napisan with the amount of time he spends rolling around on the grass.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2018 5:19 pm
CountArach

De Laet can play anywhere across the back four, can't he? I would think using a marquee spot on someone you intend to play at full-back is a massive waste, especially considering any crossing ability is going to be irrelevant. Fornaroli isn't going to be winning many headers.

Has there been a marquee full back at any point? I can't think of any. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2018 8:26 pm
Clovis

I can see the point of getting a marquee full-back if they are going to play three at the back.

Jean-Paul Sartre:  "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2018 9:42 pm
CountArach

McCormack to Mariners is a done deal according to the Daily Mail. Not linking because it is the Daily Mail.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2018 2:56 pm
FTT123
Sydney FC Part-Timer Registered
Posted by: CountArach

McCormack to Mariners is a done deal according to the Daily Mail. Not linking because it is the Daily Mail.

This means it is very un-likely for the bolt move. Great piece of business for CCM, showing they aspire to improve from their recent low finishes.

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that." - Bill Shankly

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2018 4:13 pm
Schoolboy Errors
Sydney FC Obsessed Registered

Should be a great signing if they can get decent service to him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2018 5:07 pm
FTT123
Sydney FC Part-Timer Registered

Hopefully Matt Simon's goal against the Wanderers in the friendly is enough to keep McCormack on the bench for the whole season!

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that." - Bill Shankly

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2018 6:08 pm
marinermick

Oar and McCormack should be announced in the next couple of days to complete their squad.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 17, 2018 8:22 am
Page 62 / 63 Prev Next

Working

Please Login or Register