Forum

Fantasy A-League Comp – 2017/18  

Page 1 / 3 Next

Clovis
Sydney FC Fanatic Registered

The Fox Sports A-League Fantasy Competition is on line again. If you have not already registered you can do so here…

https://fantasy.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/classic/#login

Join by clicking the “Play Now” button and following the prompts. The software seems to be new, and last year’s login and password did not work for me so I assume it will not work for you too.

The software will insist that you form a team before letting you register, if you are pressed for time just select the Auto Team Select button and the software will automatically select a team for you. You have unlimited transfers between now and Game Day One so you can always came back at a later time and fine tune your selection without penalty.

I have created a league called SFCU and you can join this league by going here…

https://fantasy.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/classic/#classic/leagues

…then clicking the “Join A League” button, entering RM6X2ZAW into the Code text box and clicking Search.

Rules of the SFCU League

The following are rules specific to the SFCU League. As per last year there will a Yellow Card and Red Card system

Yellow Card Offences

* No MVFC players. If you have selected a MVFC player you will be issued a yellow card and will have one round to remove that player. One yellow will be issued per round.

* Insufficient Sydney FC players. You must have a minimum on three Sydney FC players in your team.

* Anyone selecting Brendon Santalab will be issued with Yellow Card.

* Anyone selecting Iacopo La Rocca will be issued with a Yellow Card.

Red Card Offences

* Anyone selecting Brendon Santalab as Captain will be issued with a Red Card.

* Anyone selecting Iacopo La Rocca as Captain will be issued with a Red Card.

* Anyone selecting Besart Berisha as Captain will be issued with a Red Card.

Rules of the Fox Fantasy League

The Rules and the allocation of Points for the Fantasy League can be found here…

https://fantasy.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/classic/#help/terms

Main Differences from Previous Years

Apart from the change of software most things are the same as previous years with a few exceptions. The main differences seem to be as follows;

* There is no upper limit to the number of players from one team that you can select.

In previous years it was not possible to select more than three players from one team, now there seems to be no upper limit. I initially selected Milos, Adrian, Jordy, Wilkshire, Brosque and Bobo on my team and the programme did not have a problem with this. I am assuming there is no limit and you can select an entire team of Sydney FC players if you wanted, and the salary cap permitted.

* The Salary Cap is a very generous 10 million dollars. This means you can pick more expensive players than in previous years. I initially selected Milos, Adrian, Jordy, Wilkshire, Brosque and Bobo on my team and in previous I have had to get rid of half of them if I wanted to fit under the cap. Be careful though due to changes in the way bench players are subbed you will need to pick decent bench players (see next bullet point).

* The way bench players are deployed seems slightly different from previous years. In previous years subs would be used in the order that they appeared on the bench. This year is different. The rules state that if a field player does not play then they will be substituted by a bench player who did play provided that the team still maintains a valid formation. Where there is more than one player for a position “…the lowest scoring Player will be used”.

This means that you must either pick a starting eleven who will definitely start or you will have to make sure each player on the bench is guaranteed to get game time and a decent point score.

* There is a system of Rolling Lockouts in place for transfers and substitutions. This seems to mean that you can continue to make transfers and substitutions for players up until the kick-off of each game within a round rather than kick-off of the first game in the Round.

* Last year there was one transfer per week which could be rolled over if not used, this year there are two transfers per week which cannot be rolled over.

Jean-Paul Sartre:  "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2017 5:58 pm grealy liked
mental

The salary cap now seems to be $3m. Did you get lucky? Is this going to ruin the whole game?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Clovis

My mistake, well partly my mistake. In the FAQ section of the Fantasy League under the Pricing Section it says "All Teams begin with the same Salary Cap of $10,000,000 when their Team is first set up" which is a typo on their part but I should have noticed it was BS. The cap is 3,000,000 and not 10,000,000.

Jean-Paul Sartre:  "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2017 9:41 pm
eddie

Anyone playing the EPL fantasy on Fox will know that the value changes massively this season as well.
Some very good value players out there at the moment though.

A proposal for changes to the card system:
Can we add picking Vedran to the yellow card list and selecting as captain to the red card offences?
La Rocca, after Leichardt, should be an automatic red card just for selection. Berisha and Santalab should join him. If people are happy that they score points they don't deserve to be in the league.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2017 2:28 am
Clovis

Anyone playing the EPL fantasy on Fox will know that the value changes massively this season as well.

That seems to be another change. In past years the Fantasy League went out of its way to prevent speculative trading in players but that does not seem to be the case anymore. According to the rules player values can vary...

…based on a formula that takes into account their past performances. All games played by the Player since the start of the season are taken into account in the calculation of their Price changes, with a sliding scale of weightings with the most recent game receiving the highest weighting, as well as a component of their performances last year - if they played last year!

So it will not be possible to manipulate player prices by strategic buying and selling but it will be possible to increase the value of your team by anticipating a player’s change in form. Castro, Ninkovic and Fornaroli are the most expensive players this year so their value is unlikely to increase.

Below are the new foreign singings ranked by their TransferMarkt value, there seem to be a few bargains here.

Edited: 10 months  ago

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2017 5:28 pm
werzul

clunky new format

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2017 11:27 pm
Clovis

clunky new format

Last year’s software was optimised for smart phones and iPads, whereas this new software is optimised fo PCs. I think Fox has finally realised that most people sort out their Fantasy team on a Friday afternoon on their work computer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2017 9:55 am
grealy
Sydney FC Obsessed Registered

Nailed it:

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2017 3:33 pm
grealy

I think the $3 Million budget is way too high. The removal of the maximum 3 players from one team restriction is also weak. 4-4-2 restriction is probably a decent move though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2017 3:57 pm
Clovis

I think the $3 Million budget is way too high. The removal of the maximum 3 players from one team restriction is also weak. 4-4-2 restriction is probably a decent move though.

There is no 4-4-2 restriction. Try replacing a starting defender with a midfielder on the bench and your formation will change to 3-5-2. But yeah, no 3 player restriction and a 3 mill budget is not good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2017 5:42 pm
Clovis

The Fox Sports A-League Fantasy Competition is on line again. If you have not already registered you can do so here…

Join by clicking the “Play Now” button and following the prompts. The software seems to be new, and last year’s login and password did not work for me so I assume it will not work for you too.

The software will insist that you form a team before letting you register, if you are pressed for time just select the Auto Team Select button and the software will automatically select a team for you. You have unlimited transfers between now and Game Day One so you can always come back at a later time and fine tune your selection without penalty.

…then clicking the “Join A League” button, entering RM6X2ZAW into the Code text box and clicking Search.

The Rules of the SFCU are in the first posting of this thread.

This season looks like we may see the best ever crop of new foreign players in the A-League. Here are some more worth looking at for your team, and I know that Baba is not new but I think he is worth a second look.

• Baba Diawara
    TransferMrkt
    Adelaide
    €500,000
  • Massimo Maccarone
    TransferMrkt
    Brisbane
    €500,000
  • Tom Hiariej
    TransferMrkt
    Newcastle
    €400,000
  • Roy O’Donovan
    TransferMrkt
    Newcastle
    €400,000
  • Goran Paracki
    TransferMrkt
    Wellington
    €350,000
  • Asdrúbal Padrón
    TransferMrkt
    Mariners
    €250,000
  • Andrija Kaludjerovic
    TransferMrkt
    Wellington
    €250,000
  • Karim Matmour
    TransferMrkt
    Adelaide
    €200,000
  • Andreu Guerao
    TransferMrkt
    Perth
    €150,000
  • Jean-Paul Sartre:  "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team."

ReplyQuote
    Posted : September 26, 2017 4:31 pm
    Rory Bunk
    Posted by: eddie

A proposal for changes to the card system:
    Can we add picking Vedran to the yellow card list and selecting as captain to the red card offences?
    La Rocca, after Leichardt, should be an automatic red card just for selection. Berisha and Santalab should join him. If people are happy that they score points they don't deserve to be in the league.

I have a problem with these rules - some of us deliberately put players in to curse them. For example, I feel my continued selection of Wests strikers has been responsible for their lack of success/form/health. Why should I be punished further for bringing them down? Punishment for these players (see also MV) should only be for profiting in them.

I propose that the yellow card only be dished out for having one of these players in your team and them earning more than x points (maybe 10?)

Likewise, I feel Sydney's top form last season - at my cost - was in my refusal to include any of our lads in my team, against all on-field evidence to the contrary.

So yeah, I'm superstitious when it comes to football.

ReplyQuote
    Posted : September 26, 2017 4:59 pm Clovis liked
    RedKat
    SFCU forum Junkie Registered

When I was making my team I noticed Patito Rodriguez was on there despite never signing for the Jets

ReplyQuote
    Posted : September 29, 2017 2:19 pm
    grealy

Took me so long to manage to turn my formation from 4-4-2 to 3-4-3. You can have 3 forwards on the pitch, but only 3 forwards in a squad.

ReplyQuote
    Posted : October 1, 2017 12:07 pm
    Clovis

There are just six more days till the A-League season commences and the deadline for Round 1 of the Fantasy League. 

If you have not already registered you can do so here…

The software will insist that you form a team before letting you register, if you are pressed for time just select the Auto Team Select button and the software will automatically select a team for you. You have unlimited transfers between now and Game Day One so you can always came back at a later time and fine tune your selection without penalty.

Edited: 10 months  ago

ReplyQuote
    Posted : October 1, 2017 12:51 pm
    Clovis
    Posted by: grealy

Took me so long to manage to turn my formation from 4-4-2 to 3-4-3. You can have 3 forwards on the pitch, but only 3 forwards in a squad.

I've gone 3-5-2

ReplyQuote
    Posted : October 1, 2017 12:58 pm
    Clovis

Just a reminder that the first deadline for the Fantasy A-League is tonight at 7:30pm

Instructions for joining the SFCU League are in the first posting of this thread. 

ReplyQuote
    Posted : October 6, 2017 10:36 am
    werzul

Clovis - how did you get that team formatted like that, mines coming up in list form

ReplyQuote
    Posted : October 7, 2017 11:16 pm
    werzul

all good, just minimised page. 😉

ReplyQuote
    Posted : October 7, 2017 11:22 pm
    Clovis

Apologies for the lateness of the first results posting.  A great result for anyone with the foresight to nominate O’Donovan as their captain.

Grealy FC is the Round 1 winner.     

RANK             TEAM                                PLAYER                             POINTS

1                    GREALY FC                        Thomas Grealy                  69

2                    HOMIESTERS                     Alex Mack                         66

Equal Third

3                    UNDERACHIEVERS             Mathew Edmonds              64

3                    WHISK FC                          Stephen Armstrong            64

5                    ROGUE CORGI                   Keith Dawson                    54

6                    CACTUS FUNCTUS             Grant Robertshaw              53

7                    BOTTOM DWELLERS           Robert Dumbrell                51

8                    BUNYIP BEACH FC              Adam Brzozowski              50

9                    DCOFC                                David Cox                         49

10                  YEAH THE BUIJS                  Jared K                             47

The Fox Sports A-League Fantasy Competition is on line again.  If you have not already registered you can do so here…

The Rules of the SFCU are in the first posting of this thread.  

Edited: 9 months  ago

ReplyQuote
    Posted : October 10, 2017 6:23 pm grealy liked
    Clovis

Please remember that the next deadline is tonight at 7:30pm.

Round 2 - Ins and Outs

It has taken a while for the match review committee to meet but before I deliver this week’s misdemeanours I would like to give a special honourable mention to Bottom Dweller for selecting Sydney FC players for all fifteen field and bench positions and then playing those players as per the Round 1 Team Sheet. 

Round 1 - Match Review Findings

Schooneroos is issued a yellow card with a strong caution for the following offence.

Schooneroos  -  Besart Berisha in the team - Yellow Card (with a caution).

ReplyQuote
    Posted : October 13, 2017 1:48 pm Belldiouf liked
    bazm
     bazm
    Sydney FC Acolyte Registered
    Posted by: Clovis

Schooneroos is issued a yellow card with a strong caution for the following offence.

Schooneroos  -  Besart Berisha in the team - Yellow Card (with a caution).

My bad.

I never edited the auto-created team, so stupidly got locked in before unlimited subs changed. Will have to edit when I'm back home next week.

V soz.

ReplyQuote
    Posted : October 14, 2017 12:59 am
    Clovis

The Round 2 results took some time to process but are finally in and, annoyingly, I have to create a separate spreadsheet to calculate the Top Ten for Round 2.  Here it is.

The Top Ten for Round 2

Name Points Total
    1 NEW YORK CITNEY FC 76 117
    2 GREALY FC 72 141
    3 BOTTOM DWELLERS 70 121
    3 SIMONSXI 70 111
    5 DCOFC 67 116
    6 ROGUE CORGI 66 120
    6 YEAH THE BUIJS 66 113
    8 BUNYIP BEACH FC 65 115
    9 MENTAL FORTITUDE 62 112
    10 CACTUS FUNCTUS 61 114
    10 MACRAVENS 61 104

The Overall Results are as follows, the first column is the rank for the previous round.  

Name Points Total
    1 GREALY FC 72 141
    7 BOTTOM DWELLERS 70 121
    5 ROGUE CORGI 66 120
    2 HOMIESTERS 52 118
    3 UNDERACHIEVERS 54 118
    4 WHISK FC 53 117
    19 NEW YORK CITNEY FC 76 117
    10 DCOFC 67 116
    8 BUNYIP BEACH FC 65 115
    6 CACTUS FUNCTUS 61 114
    11 YEAH THE BUIJS 66 113
    9 MENTAL FORTITUDE 62 112
    20 SIMONSXI 70 111
    12 WAYNKER FC 60 106
    13 AFC MODIUM 58 104
    15 BIG TROY'S BIG BOYS 60 104
    17 MACRAVENS 61 104
    14 CLOVIS UNITED 55 100
    21 SHIRLEY STREET SUPERS 59 99
    22 BAD MOOYS II 55 95
    23 CAPE CITY FC 56 92
    16 WIZARDS OF WOY WOY 41 85
    18 SCHOONEROOS 35 78
    24 TIMOTAEXI 44 75
    25 MCFLYNN XI 0 0

ReplyQuote
    Posted : October 17, 2017 5:05 pm
    Clovis

Here are the...

Top Ten for Round 3

Rank Name Points Total
    1 TIMOTAEXI 67 142
    2 HOMIESTERS 61 179
    2 MACRAVENS 61 165
    4 CAPE CITY FC 58 150
    5 BIG TROY'S BIG BOYS 56 160
    6 GREALY FC 55 196
    6 DCOFC 55 171
    8 BOTTOM DWELLERS 52 173
    8 NEW YORK CITNEY FC 52 169
    8 SIMONSXI 52 163

And here are the Overall Leaders.  There is a lot of jockeying for positions below first place but Grealy has started this season like Sydney FC started last season.  

R3 Rank R2 Rank Name Points Total
    1 1 GREALY FC 55 196
    2 5 HOMIESTERS 61 179
    3 2 BOTTOM DWELLERS 52 173
    4 8 DCOFC 55 171
    5 6 NEW YORK CITNEY FC 52 169
    6 15 MACRAVENS 61 165
    7 4 UNDERACHIEVERS 47 165
    8 10 CACTUS FUNCTUS 50 164
    9 13 SIMONSXI 52 163
    10 11 YEAH THE BUIJS 48 161
    11 16 BIG TROY'S BIG BOYS 56 160
    12 12 MENTAL FORTITUDE 48 160
    13 3 ROGUE CORGI 39 159
    14 9 BUNYIP BEACH FC 42 157
    15 17 AFC MODIUM 49 153
    16 14 WAYNKER FC 47 153
    17 21 CAPE CITY FC 58 150
    18 18 CLOVIS UNITED 47 147
    19 7 WHISK FC 30 147
    20 24 TIMOTAEXI 67 142
    21 19 SHIRLEY STREET SUPERS 34 133
    22 22 WIZARDS OF WOY WOY 47 132
    23 20 BAD MOOYS II 29 124
    24 23 SCHOONEROOS 30 108
    25 25 MCFLYNN XI 0 0

ReplyQuote
    Posted : October 24, 2017 6:33 pm grealy liked
    Clovis

Top Ten for Round 4

Name Points Total
    1 CLOVIS UNITED 75 222
    2 SCHOONEROOS 72 180
    3 GREALY FC 70 266
    3 NEW YORK CITNEY FC 70 239
    3 BAD MOOYS II 70 194
    6 BOTTOM DWELLERS 68 241
    7 WAYNKER FC 67 220
    8 MENTAL FORTITUDE 66 226
    8 WHISK FC 66 213
    10 DCOFC 65 236
    10 SHIRLEY STREET SUPERS 65 198

Overall Leaders Board

R4 Rank R3 Rank Name Points Total
    1 1 GREALY FC 70 266
    2 3 BOTTOM DWELLERS 68 241
    3 5 NEW YORK CITNEY FC 70 239
    4 4 DCOFC 65 236
    5 2 HOMIESTERS 57 236
    6 12 MENTAL FORTITUDE 66 226
    7 7 UNDERACHIEVERS 61 226
    8 9 SIMONSXI 60 223
    9 18 CLOVIS UNITED 75 222
    10 16 WAYNKER FC 67 220
    11 15 AFC MODIUM 64 217
    12 13 ROGUE CORGI 58 217
    13 10 YEAH THE BUIJS 56 217
    14 6 MACRAVENS 50 215
    15 8 CACTUS FUNCTUS 50 214
    16 19 WHISK FC 66 213
    17 11 BIG TROY'S BIG BOYS 53 213
    18 14 BUNYIP BEACH FC 52 209
    19 17 CAPE CITY FC 53 203
    20 21 SHIRLEY STREET SUPERS 65 198
    21 20 TIMOTAEXI 54 196
    22 23 BAD MOOYS II 70 194
    23 24 SCHOONEROOS 72 180
    24 22 WIZARDS OF WOY WOY 42 174
    25 25 MCFLYNN XI 0 0

ReplyQuote
    Posted : October 31, 2017 5:40 pm grealy liked
    Page 1 / 3 Next

Working

Please Login or Register