Melbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners
Saturday January 6, 2018, 6:00 PM (AET)

Melbourne City v Wellington Phoenix
Saturday January 6, 2018, 7:50 PM (AET)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 6:56 pm
CountArach
Sydney FC Fanatic Registered

I don't mind this two Friday games to be honest. Perth against Adelaide should be interesting. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 7:09 pm
Blue Sky
SFCU forum Junkie Registered

Brisbane to win tonight without Matt McKay.

Posted by: HybridBonevacia should be sponsored by Napisan with the amount of time he spends rolling around on the grass.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 7:54 pm
CountArach

Why are Brisbane wearing maroon? I thought that was only for when they played against us in Sydney. It's a great jersey, but they should be wearing their home kit.

Edit: Is it a charity kit? 

Edited: 2 weeks  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 8:17 pm
Blue Sky
Posted by: CountArach

Why are Brisbane wearing maroon? I thought that was only for when they played against us in Sydney. It's a great jersey, but they should be wearing their home kit.

Because Western Suburbs are a NSW team.

I wonder what Brisbane's win ratio is with the maroon jersey.

Posted by: HybridBonevacia should be sponsored by Napisan with the amount of time he spends rolling around on the grass.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 8:23 pm
Blue Sky

Chris Herd isn't far off getting a second yellow, especially if he thinks sliding in from behind is a smart idea.

Western Suburbs get a totally undeserving lead. 1-0 with Riera from a rebound.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 8:27 pm
CountArach

So undeserved. Great save to deny Santalab though. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 8:28 pm
Clovis

Good shot from scorey, I hope he can make it to half time without doing his ACL

Jean-Paul Sartre:  "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team."

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 8:32 pm
Blue Sky

Its maybe the only time I've been able to say this all season, but I don't think that goal is going to upset Brisbane too much. They are playing better than I've seen pretty much all season from them. No coincidence its because their forward line doesn't have an average age of 35. That offside call against Gameiro just before the goal was a poor one, but there's plenty of joy to be had with Gameiro in particular running onto balls over the top against Thwaite and Cornthwaite.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 8:32 pm
Moller
Posted by: CountArach

They wore it against us twice last season in Brisbane, drew both. 

Can't Smile Without You

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 8:36 pm
CountArach
Posted by: Blue Sky

Its maybe the only time I've been able to say this all season, but I don't think that goal is going to upset Brisbane too much. They are playing better than I've seen pretty much all season from them. No coincidence its because their forward line doesn't have an average age of 35. That offside call against Gameiro just before the goal was a poor one, but there's plenty of joy to be had with Gameiro in particular running onto balls over the top against Thwaite and Cornthwaite.

Completely agree on all counts. Pity for them they can't rely on Scorey being available for them the rest of the season as a more permanent plan B.

Respect to the Wanderers fans here, that's a huge away contingent. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 8:37 pm
Blue Sky

LOL. Jamie Young is a fucking shit keeper. Could've driven a tank between him and the near post.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 8:42 pm
Moon Pheasant
Sydney FC Part-Timer Registered

Fucken hell Brisbane do better

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 8:43 pm
Blue Sky

Brisbane did this to Adelaide last week. Clearly second best in the first half yet feasted on errors to get the 2-0 lead at the break. They will be really disappointed to give Western Suburbs the advantage in the same way.

Brisbane haven't played too badly but those defensive lapses are killing them, as is Peter Skapetis trying to outdo Matt Simon for the most offsides in the shortest amount of time. I don't know how many times he's been able to look across the line, yet still not bother to get back onside.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 8:50 pm
CountArach

The second goal just knocked the stuffing out of Brisbane. Not a great half this one. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 9:14 pm
Blue Sky

Nice volley from Gameiro met by a solid save from the Snake.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 9:17 pm
CountArach

Nice volley from Gameiro met by a solid save from the Snake.

One of the great 'What ifs' of the A-League. It's clear he still has a lot to offer. 

Peacock just posted this:

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 9:22 pm
Blue Sky

And right on time, O'Toole has just completed the team.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 9:26 pm
Moller

Jesus that unavailable team is impressive, even if a few of them are suspensions rather than injury. 

Both of these teams are garbage. 

Can't Smile Without You

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 9:33 pm
Blue Sky

The effort from Brisbane has completely disappeared in the second half. Only FBK and Gameiro can really walk away from this second half so far with any distinction. If they think that is going to be enough against us, we're going to have a lot of fun on Monday.

Maccarone living out the dream of every single non-Western Suburbs fan and absolutely nails Santalab.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 9:34 pm
Blue Sky
Posted by: Moller

Pretty much every team outside of the top two are fairly garbage this season. The only thing that keeps these games half-interesting is seeing who will get up on a particular day. Its a case of who sucks less on the night.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 9:37 pm
CountArach
Posted by: Moller

Pretty much every team outside of the top two are fairly garbage this season. The only thing that keeps these games half-interesting is seeing who will get up on a particular day. Its a case of who sucks less on the night.

Perth vs Adelaide after this another prime example. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 9:39 pm
CountArach

Jamie Young has pulled out some great saves tonight. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 9:45 pm
Moller

If we don’t win comfortably on Monday night they should have to walk home 

Can't Smile Without You

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 9:45 pm
Blue Sky

I look forward to seeing Maccarone trying to back up three days after a full 90 minutes of a game he's probably run more in than probably his last five games combined.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 9:50 pm
Page 1 / 3 Next

Working

Please Login or Register